The List Loading app allows for an easy to use end user interface to simplify list loading for both internal and external users, such as a content syndication partner. It improves security and data governance and provides the end user visibility, tracking and statistics.
Navigate to the Apps menu and select Configuration.
Select Add App in the upper right and then select List loading as the app type.
Configure the App
- App Name: Give your app a descriptive name
- App Description: Provide a description for your app
- Add Image: Select add image to provide an image for your app.
- Select who can access this app by selecting Admins only which only allows the Openprise platform users to access the app or Public which allows your end users to access the app.
5 Configuration Sections
1. Grant Access
This section configures who can view and edit the app.
- Who can view: Select the users who can view the app by selecting from the available groups on the left and clicking add to add them to the selected groups on the right.
- Who can edit: Select the users who can edit this app (when the section is clicked a picklist of groups will appear).
2. Source and Process
This section lets administrators define the manual data source used to store the uploaded lists and the process, ( a job or a bot ) that loads the records into the desired destination.
- Manual Data Source to store list records: Select the manual data source (must already be created in Openprise) to store the list records.
- How to process imported list records: Options are: Run Job or Bot upon file import OR Scheduled job or bot will process imported records.
- Customize upload button label: Enter the upload button label name.
- Process that Jobs/Bot list records into destination: You will only see the jobs and or bots in the dropdown that are using the manual data source you selected in manual data source to store list records section. The job has to use the manual data source as an input data source and any bots that include that job will be listed.
3. Attribute Inclusion
This section lets administrators define the set of attributes from the data source that end users should map from the list to the manual data source selected. Please note that you are limited to 100 attributes.
- This setting determines which attributes are available in the app. Select attributes to include and add them to the right side (Attributes included in app).
- Upload Time: Select the field to store the Upload Time.
- File Name: Select the field to store the File Name.
- Uploaded by: Select the field to store Uploaded by.
- Transaction ID: Select the field to store a unique transaction id.
4. Attribute Configuration
This section allows you to rename attributes and define if the attribute is required or optional.
- Pick Attributes to Configure: Select this option to add attributes. You will only be able to add attributes that were selected in the previous section, Attribute Inclusion.
- Attribute name: The attribute name from the data source is shown here.
- Display name: Select the pencil to change the attribute name to a display name of your choosing.
- Must be mapped by end user: Check the box to make a field a required mapping field. (useful when need required fields to be populated for insert)
5. Record Status Configuration
This section lets administrators define the data sources and filters that represent list loading result status. The sequence of each status will determine how it is displayed.
- Status Name: Enter a name for the status.
- Status Description: Enter a description for the status.
- Data Source for status: Select the data source that holds the status information.
- Record Filter: Set a filter for this status in the data source.
- Color Selection: Select a color for this status.
- New Status: Select this option to add another status section.
Finally, click Save in the upper right to save your new app.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org