The Dashboard app allows for visualizing data and monitoring processes. Common use cases for utilizing the Dashboard app are as an executive dashboard, data quality reports, and ABM Target Account reports.
Dashboard apps are created from an Analytics report that exists within the Openprise platform. You will need to create these reports in the Analytics tab to create the Dashboard app.
Navigate to the Apps menu and select Configuration.
Select Add App in the upper right and then select Dashboard as the app type.
Configure the App
- App Name: Give your app a descriptive name
- App Description: Provide a description for your app
- Add Image: Select add image to provide an image for your app
Select the This Device option to use an image from your computer. Image Library contains available stock images.
- Labels: Select a label to organize and find your app
- Select who can access this app by selecting Admins only which only allows the Openprise platform users to access the app or Public which allows your end users to access the app.
4 Configuration Sections
1. Grant Access
This section configures who can view and edit the app.
- Who can view: Select the users who can view the app by selecting from the available groups on the left and clicking add to add them to the selected groups on the right.
- Who can edit: Select the users who can edit this app (when the section is clicked a picklist of groups will appear).
2. Dashboard Composition
This section sets the dashboard parameters for the app.
- Roll over the grid to select where you want the chart to appear, when you've hovered over the correct section, click on Add Report. Continue this process for each report you'd like in the dashboard.
- Select Add Report, pick the chart to display and click Add Report.
3. Dashboard Configurations
- Enable dark mode: check the box to enable dark mode for the dashboard
- Define dashboard level color scheme override for multi-colored charts: check the box to override the current color scheme of multi-colored charts and then click the dropdown to select the color scheme.
- Define dashboard level color scheme override for single-colored charts: check the box to override the current color scheme of single colored charts and then click the dropdown to select the color scheme.
- Enable dashboard-level global time filter: Check the box to set a global time filter. Global time filter will be applied to all charts that are not exempted. Regardless of the date attribute specified in the chart, the time filter will be applied towards each chart's date attribute. Individual charts can be exempted from being affected by the global time filter.
4. Chrome Extension Configuration
This section lets administrators decide if the app can be accessed through the Openprise App Factory Chrome Extension.
- Check the box to enable the App Factory Chrome Extension