This article covers how to connect Openprise to Marketo. The process includes Creating an API role, Creating an API only user, Creating a custom service, Obtaining client id and client secret, and Obtaining the API endpoint and Identity URL. You will need a Marketo Account with Standard edition or higher and Marketo administrator credentials. You will also need credentials for Openprise.
Create an API role in Marketo
- Login to Marketo with administrator credentials
- Select the Admin menu
- Select Users and Roles under the Security section
- Select the Roles pane and click on "New Role" to create an API role
- Create the new API role and under Permissions select the Access API option
Create an API only user
- Select the Users pane and click on "Invite New User"
- Create the user and make sure to select the API role created in the previous step (*only select this role). Make sure to check the API Only checkbox.
Create a custom service
- In Admin Settings, select LaunchPoint under the Integration section
- Under "New", select New Service
- Create a new service. (1) Under Service, select Custom and (2) in the API Only User section, select the API User you created in the previous step.
Obtain Client ID and Client Secret
- Look for the custom service you created in the previous step and click on View Details.
- Copy and save the Client Id and Client Secret listed in the Details section. *This will be used later when creating an Openprise Data Source.
Obtain API Endpoint and Identity URL
- In Admin Settings, under the Integration options, select Web Services
- Copy and Save the Endpoint and Identity URLs that are listed. *These will be used later when creating an Openprise Data Source.
Creating the Authentication
- When setting up a Data Source, select Marketo as the source technology. To learn more about Data sources, click HERE
- Select Add Account Information to authenticate to Marketo (red arrow above).
- Enter the Client Id, Client secret, API endpoint URL and Identity URL that you obtained in the earlier steps.
- Save the Authentication Information if the test was successful.
- Then, configure your Marketo data source as needed.