Column charts are used to present categorical data with vertical bars with heights that are proportional to the values they represent. This chart type is useful for visualizing the value composition of unique groups of data such as revenue for specific sales territories.
- Select Chart Type: The selected chart type will appear here, selecting the dropdown will show other chart types.
- Stack series: Select the checkbox to utilize the Stacked Column chart option
- Add Series: Select this option to add more than one series to the chart.
- Series label name: Optional: Add a custom series name
- Plot values with: Options are - record count, sum of, average of, range of
- Select Attribute: Select the attribute to plot values with
- X-axis labels based on: Select the attribute for the x-axis
- Filter Data: Optional: allows you to set a filter on the data source used for the chart
- Time Filter: Optional: allows for setting a time limit for the data in the chart
- Chart title: Enter a name for your chart
Sample Column Chart
- Number of opportunities for a product category within a month, quarter, or year to date