Steps to perform in Microsoft Azure Active Directory
To connect Openprise to Microsoft Sharepoint, an Openprise user must be created in Azure Active Directory.
Login to https://portal.azure.com using an administrator account.
- Open “Azure Active Directory” and select “Users”
- Select “Add” -> “User”
- In this case, we are creating a new user.
- In Azure Active Directory, verify in User settings that users can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf. From User settings, click on “Manage how end users launch and view their applications”.
Steps to perform in Sharepoint
In Sharepoint, we need to grant the newly created user in Microsoft Azure Active Directory access to the Sharepoint site that Openprise needs to connect with.
- Now that the user is created, open the Sharepoint URL and select the site that the newly created user should have access.
- Now click on “Members”
- Now add the newly created user as a member to the site.
- Sign in with the user that was just created and open the Sharepoint site link.
This user now has access to the site. This user can further go to Openprise and configure Data Sources and Data Targets (see link below for the steps to perform in Openprise).
- From an administrator user, log in to Sharepoint and verify that site’s sharing permissions are configured correctly. Ensure that the site owners and members can share files, folders and the site.
This shows the “Advanced Permission Settings” for the site and the permission levels.
The permissions for the newly created user must be at least a Member with “Edit” permission levels.
Click HERE to create a Microsoft Sharepoint Data Source or Data Target within Openprise.