Step by step process to create a Microsoft Sharepoint data source or data target within Openprise
Creating a Document Library in SharePoint
Before you can create a data source/data target in Openprise you will need to first create a document library in SharePoint.
- Go to the SharePoint site where you want to create your new document library.
- On the menu bar, select New -> Document Library. Enter a name for the new library and click Create.
Setting up a New Connection in Openprise
You can connect to SharePoint as a Data Source or Data Target. Each Sharepoint-Openprise connector credential will refer to a specific Document Library as specified in the URL supplied when the connector is created.
Creating a Data Source
Under the Data tab, navigate to Data Sources and click Add Data Source
- Provide a name for the new Data Source
- For the Source Technology, select SharePoint
- Click Add Account and you will be directed to input the SharePoint site URL and your Microsoft log-in credentials. The SharePoint URL can be copied from the browser when you’ve selected the new (or existing Document Library) in Sharepoint. A valid URL will look similar to either one of the following:
4. After entering your credentials, you will need to accept permissions to allow Openprise access to your SharePoint site.
Creating a Data Target
Under the Data menu, navigate to Data Target and click Add Data Target
- Provide a name for the new Data Target
- For the Source Technology, look for SharePoint
- If you don’t already have an existing account, a pop-up window will appear prompting you to create a new one.
- Click Add Account and you will be directed to input the SharePoint site URL and your Microsoft log-in credentials
- After entering your credentials, you will need to accept permissions to allow Openprise access to your SharePoint site
- Openprise is only able to see folders directly under the Document Library. We cannot navigate to nested folders.
- If you have multiple Document Libraries that Openprise needs access to, you will need to create separate credentials for each Document Library.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.