Step by step process to create a Microsoft Sharepoint data source or data target within Openprise
Creating a Document Library in SharePoint
Before you can create a data source/data target in Openprise you will need to first create a document library in SharePoint.
- Go to the SharePoint site where you want to create your new document library.
- On the menu bar, select New -> Document Library. Enter a name for the new library and click Create.
Setting up a New Connection in Openprise
You can connect to SharePoint as a Data Source or Data Target. Each Sharepoint-Openprise connector credential will refer to a specific Document Library as specified in the URL supplied when the connector is created.
Creating a Data Source
Under the Data tab, navigate to Data Sources and click Add Data Source
- Provide a name for the new Data Source
- For the Source Technology, select SharePoint
- Click Add Account and you will be directed to input the SharePoint site URL and your Microsoft log-in credentials. The SharePoint URL can be copied from the browser when you’ve selected the new (or existing Document Library) in Sharepoint. A valid URL will look similar to either one of the following:
4. After entering your credentials, you will need to accept permissions to allow Openprise access to your SharePoint site.
Creating a Data Target
Under the Data menu, navigate to Data Target and click Add Data Target
- Provide a name for the new Data Target
- For the Source Technology, look for SharePoint
- If you don’t already have an existing account, a pop-up window will appear prompting you to create a new one.
- Click Add Account and you will be directed to input the SharePoint site URL and your Microsoft log-in credentials
- After entering your credentials, you will need to accept permissions to allow Openprise access to your SharePoint site
- Openprise is only able to see folders directly under the Document Library. We cannot navigate to nested folders.
- If you have multiple Document Libraries that Openprise needs access to, you will need to create separate credentials for each Document Library.