This task template can be used in two different ways: (1) quickly identify groups of records by matching exactly on one or more attributes (2) filter groups of records down to one individual record (accomplished by using this task template after the aggregate by task template).
- Attributes with Exact match: Select the attribute(s) that you would like to match exactly for your grouping.
- Select: Options are only one record or All records.
- Select Attribute: Select the attribute that will be used to determine the records to output.
- Select Operator: Select the operator that will be used to determine the records to output.
- Select Attribute: This is optional - this section allows you to provide a label for the records, select the attribute that houses the label.
- Enter label value: Free form text - enter the text for the label.
- When selecting all records, you are filtering the data set down to duplicate records only. This task template performs the dedupe action much quicker than the dedupe task. Then, if needed, you can use a dedupe task for greater flexibility in merging those duplicate records.
- The select only one record option is most often used after an aggregate by task to filter the data down to one record. For instance, if you're doing attribution, you might aggregate the sum for each campaign which will result in that campaign id having multiple records for the data set, each with the same sum. This task will filter the data set down to only record for each campaign id, with that sum.