File & folder sharing is different from Shared Drive. At this time, Openprise does not support Shared Drive (formerly Team Drive).
Openprise supports shared files & folders.
- Shared with Me on Google Drive shows files and folders that you do not own, but that have been shared with you.
- This feature also shows you files and folders that you are sharing with users who do not have direct access to your Google Drive.
- Files and folders can be given permission to view, comment or edit.
- Please allow other users on your team to access the folders you will use as a Data Source or Data Target.
How Openprise shares folders with external users
- Openprise will build a shared folder(s) using our firstname.lastname@example.org Google Drive account
- Once the folder(s) has been built, we will give external users permission to access this folder
- Permission = ability to edit a folder and files within a folder.
How external users share folders with Openprise
- User will build a shared folder using a Google Drive account
- Once the folder has been built, you will need to give Openprise access to the folder using the account name: email@example.com
- Permission = ability to edit folder and files within a folder.