If you have an sFTP server with data you'd like to import into Openprise, please use these instructions as a guide to creating your data source. The files on the sFTP server should be constructed in UTF-8 CSV format.
Note: If you want to create multiple data sources with different data formats (ie. a file for leads and one for accounts), you must place the files in separate folders on your sFTP server.
Set up your FTP Server
To begin, open or download a separate program to access the server. In the instructions below, we're using FileZilla, which can be downloaded from the internet.
- Open your sFTP Software program
- Enter the credentials to access the file server.
- You will need credential attributes for: Host, Username, Password, Port.
- Input your credential attributes.
- Click Quickconnect to save credentials in FileZilla.
- Once connected, create a new directory by right-clicking on the top level folder and completing the details. This will be the directory where your file will be placed. In the screenshots below, this new folder is named "Country".
- Once the folder is created, drag and drop your data file from your desktop to the newly created folder[Country].
Note: Please make sure the file is in .CSV format.
Create the data source in Openprise
- Create the data source definition: from within Openprise, go to: Data > Data Source > Click Add Data Source
- Name your Data Source and select FTP for Source Technology and Data Format field.
- Upon clicking FTP, you will see a pop-up window where you add the FTP account information.
- Once you have entered the credentials, Test the authentication and Save it. You will be navigated back to the create Data Source window.
- We will now pick the directory that contains your data file.
- Click Next.
- The file will be located on the server and opened and read. You will see the Parse screen where Openprise shows the first 50 records in the file. Check to make sure Openprise is reading the correct file and is reading the data appropriately.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Update". Navigation will place you on the Map screen.
- Now Map the Fields with correct data Type. When finished mapping, choose a Primary timestamp attribute and click Finish.
Next, import your file
- Click on Import now from the Data Sources page to import the records from your file on the sFTP server into your Openprise data source.
Once completed, use the data source in the same manner as any other data source.