Append attributes from Data Source B into Data Source A using a matching attribute.
Category Location: All, Match and Lookup
**The append and infer task templates are similar, click HERE to see which one meets your requirements.
- Select Data Source: Append data from Data Source B to the input data source (Data Source A).
- From: Select a field from Data Source B to match values - This can be an ID, email or some unique identifier.
- To: Select a field in Data Source A - This can be an ID, email or some unique identifier.
- Using match method: Select Exact match, Fuzzy match, Begins with, End with, or Contains.
How to append attributes: Options are: Append all attributes or Pick individual attributes to append.
- Append all attributes – This selection picks all attributes of both data sources. There is a drop down to select the attribute that will survive if they exist in both data sources: Keep data from input Data Source, Keep data from Appending Data Source, and Keep data from both sources.
- Pick individual attributes to append – Allows the user to pick attributes from the second data source and map it to attributes in the input data source.
- From: This option is available when Pick individual attributes is selected. Allows the user to pick attributes from the second data source and map to the attributes in the input data source.
- To: This option is available when Pick individual attributes is selected. Allows the user to pick attributes from the second data source and map to the attributes in the input data source.
- This task is useful for appending data from a look-up list to the primary list.
- This task is useful for merging two lists that can be correlated by a unique identifier.
- This task is useful for merging SFDC account information with SFDC lead information.
Adding parent company data to sales data.
- Data Source A = sales data with attribute “Order From”.
- Data Source B = customer master list with attributes “Company” and “Parent Company”.
- Use this task to add Parent Company to the sales data by matching on Order From = Company.
Add SFDC account information to SFDC leads.
- Data Source A = SFDC leads.
- Data Source B = SFDC Accounts.
- Use this task to add Account information to Leads by matching on (SFDC Leads) Account ID ~ (SFDC Accounts) ID using exact match.
- Be judicious when using the append all option, especially when appending from a source that has many attributes. Job performance is adversely impacted when there are a large number of attributes.