- Create an Openprise data source, categorized as a manually manage data source, from a task's input data source.
- Use this task to write data to an intermediate data source for later processing or reference by a different job.
- Always Add – Check the Always Add box to add the task's input data to the manual data source.
- Add or Update – Check the box to add new records to the manual data source, and update existing records to the data source.
- Purge and Add – if this box is checked, all the records in the manual data source will be purged before adding the task's input data to the manual data source.
- Create Manual Output Datasource – If this box is checked, a new manual data source will be created, and named as specified in the field below. All fields in the job will be added to the manual data source. If this box is not checked (ie. the manual data source already exists), you must specify which attributes will be updated or added by completing the mapping from the job attributes to the manual data source attributes.
- (manual data source name): This field contains the name used for creating a new manual data source, or names an existing data source if it is has already been created.
- (output data source): This field is automatically completed with the current task's input data source. This field is not editable.
- To – attributes in the existing manual data source that will receive the job attribute values.
- From – attributes from job to match to the manual data source.
- Once a manual data source is created, you cannot add attributes to it. If new attributes are added to the job or input data source, feel free to delete the manual data source and re-run the job to recreate the manual data source with the new attributes.
- The values of a manual data source can be modified within Openprise by:
- going to Data -> Data Sources -> (search for your data source in Manually Managed Data Sources)
- from the View / Edit Data screen, locate the record you wish to modify by using the filters or scrolling through the data
- click on the Modify button and select Update
- Modify the Value of the Attribute you wish to change
- Select UPDATE RECORD or SAVE AS NEW (or CANCEL) as desired
- The records of a manual data source can be deleted within Openprise by:
- going to Data -> Data Sources- > (search for your data source in Manually Managed Data Sources)
- from the View / Edit Data screen, locate the record you wish to delete by using the filters or scrolling through the data
- click on the Modify button and select Delete. A confirmation pop-up window will be presented. Select either Confirm or Cancel.
- If you have multiple jobs writing to the same Manual Data Source, and those jobs don't have the same attributes (ie. In job 1, you have Contact fields, and in job 2 you have used an Export task that creates op_export_xxx attributes), you will need to:
- create your jobs without writing to a manual data source
- run those jobs
- create a new job, selecting the input data source from the job with the full compliment of attributes you'd like in the manual data source
- run the new job
- modify the original jobs where needed to write to the manual data source created in #4 above – mapping attributes as appropriate
- (optional) you can then delete the new job that only created the manual data source, as this job is no longer needed
- When list loading, write records missing mandatory data, duplicate records, and records failing export to Salesforce to the manual data source. Once the list is fully processed, use the manual data source to write to an external file for review.
- Use the manual data source as a "permanent scratch pad" of records processed (independent of a particular job) so the records can be used for processing in other jobs.
- Use the manual data source task to create a reference data source from other data. For example, a list of all account names and removing the duplicates for use in Lead to Account matching.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.