Related Video: Export: Create Manual Data Source
- Create an Openprise data source, categorized as a manually manage data source, from a task's input data source.
- Use this task to write data to an intermediate data source for later processing or reference by a different job.
- Always Add – Check the Always Add box to add the task's input data to the manual data source.
- Add or Update – Check the box to add new records to the manual data source, and update existing records to the data source.
- Purge and Add – if this box is checked, all the records in the manual data source will be purged before adding the task's input data to the manual data source.
- Create Manual Output Datasource – If this box is checked, a new manual data source will be created, and named as specified in the field below. All fields in the job will be added to the manual data source. If this box is not checked (ie. the manual data source already exists), you must specify which attributes will be updated or added by completing the mapping from the job attributes to the manual data source attributes.
- (manual data source name): This field contains the name used for creating a new manual data source, or names an existing data source if it is has already been created.
- (output data source): This field is automatically completed with the current task's input data source. This field is not editable.
- To – attributes in the existing manual data source that will receive the job attribute values.
- From – attributes from job to match to the manual data source.
- The values of a manual data source can be modified within Openprise by:
- going to Data -> Data Sources -> (search for your data source in Manually Managed Data Sources)
- from the View / Edit Data screen, locate the record you wish to modify by using the filters or scrolling through the data
- click on the Modify button and select Update
- Modify the Value of the Attribute you wish to change
- Select UPDATE RECORD or SAVE AS NEW (or CANCEL) as desired
- The records of a manual data source can be deleted within Openprise by:
- going to Data -> Data Sources- > (search for your data source in Manually Managed Data Sources)
- from the View / Edit Data screen, locate the record you wish to delete by using the filters or scrolling through the data
- click on the Modify button and select Delete. A confirmation pop-up window will be presented. Select either Confirm or Cancel.
- If you have multiple jobs writing to the same Manual Data Source, and those jobs don't have the same attributes (ie. In job 1, you have Contact fields, and in job 2 you have used an Export task that creates op_export_xxx attributes), you will need to either add all the attributes to the first job or create another job that has the full set and have IT create a Manual Data Source.
- When list loading, write records missing mandatory data, duplicate records, and records failing export to Salesforce to the manual data source. Once the list is fully processed, use the manual data source to write to an external file for review.
- Use the manual data source task to create a reference data source from other data. For example, a list of all account names and removing the duplicates for use in Lead to Account matching.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.