Clean up email addresses with an invalid format.
Category Location: All, Clean or normalize
- Email attribute to fix: Input email field
- Write fixed email to: Output email field
- Advanced configurations: Specify if you would like to use a different reference file than our standard Reference – Domain suffixes
- This task will correct email format and invalid suffix.
- This task does not validate the email is a working email.
- This task does not validate the email address against any known email database.
- An E-mail address that cannot be reformatted will be copied in its original form.
- If an email address has no suffix at all, the task will add ".com" to the end of the email.
- This task requires the use of a Reference Data Source that contains the list of valid suffixes on the Internet. We highly recommend you use the Openprise reference Reference – Domain Suffixes.
The following examples of bad email addresses will correct to email@example.com using this task:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (invalid suffix)
- dole@openprisetech,com (comma or other special characters before the suffix)
- dole@openprisetechcom (missing dot before suffix)
- dole@openprisetech (missing suffix)
- dole@openprisetech..com (more than one .)
- dole@@openprisetech.com (more than one @)
- dole(at)openprisetech.com (use of (at) instead of @)