This task uses a web search engine like Google and Bing to find URL and other information. It requires using a data service provider from the Marketplace.
- Select data service: Select the data service from the dropdown.
- Query attribute: Select the attribute from the dropdown to use during your search.
- Number of records to retrieve: Set the number of results you'd like to retrieve.
- Use cached results from previous runs: Under various circumstances, Openprise users may reprocess records that have already retrieved results from data vendors. To save cost and increase efficiency, Openprise caches these results up to 30 days. Any appending or verification requests past 30 days will be considered a new request. Openprise defaults to use cached results, but users can uncheck this option to bypass the cache and let Openprise send the records to data vendors directly. Please note that Openprise cached results are bounded to each tenant and the cached results will be removed from the platform after 30 days.
- Remove existing values on no match found: Check this option if you'd like to remove the existing values from the attribute if matches weren't found.
- You must first set up the search engine you would like to use in the Marketplace.
- For Google search, you can set up a custom search engine with specific search scope. With Bing, you can only use a general web search.
- Your search keywords should all be contained in a single data attribute. Consider using Combine Attributes task to aggregate keywords from multiple attributes into one.
- You can specify how many top search results to fetch.
- The task returns the following data for each search result: URL, description, and snippet.
- Find top 3 search results for a company name, domain name, or a URL.
- Find top 5 search results for a product category name + the keyword "manufacturer".