Use a multi-value attribute's values to separate one record into multiple records.
Category Location: All, Calculate or manipulate, Frequently used, Other/ Utility
- Select permutation attribute: Select the attribute to permute, must be a multi-value attribute.
- Add Permutation Attribute: Select this option to add multiple attributes to permute.
- Multi-value attributes may be difficult to use when creating analytics charts or reports. A solution is to break the multi-value attributes into individual records, each with all other attributes in the record the same except for the multi-value attribute holding one value out of the possible values.
Creating analytics report on a specific customer support case label which is stored in a multi-value attribute
- Creating a report on 2 multi-value attributes (i.e. Desk.com labels and groups) to report on all cases opened within the last month touched by the "US East team" (one of the groups on a case) and affecting "major accounts" (one of the labels on a case) is more difficult without separating a case record into its constituent groups and labels.
- Creating analytics report on a specific customer support case label which is stored in a multi-value attribute.