Find and replace any part of a text, whether whole words, partial words, or phrases.
- Replace text found in: Select the attribute to replace values in.
- Add text to replace: Type text to replace.
- Replace with: Three options: replace with text, replace with blank, replace with new line.
- Replace with: This option is available when replace with text is selected in #3. Type text value to replace with.
- Visualize spaces: If selected, you will see a bullet where you've typed a space
- Select or search input data: Optional: select a reference data source to identify values to replace.
- Search and find: Select the attribute in the reference data source that contains the values to replace.
- Replace with attribute: Three options: replace with attribute, replace with blank, replace with new line.
- Replace with: Option available when replace with attribute is selected in #8. Select the attribute in the reference data source that contains the replacement value.
- Write replaced value to: Select the attribute to house the results.
- Ignore Case: Select this checkbox to analyze values on a NON case sensitive basis.
- Match whole word only: Select this checkbox to match on whole words only.
- This is similar to any search and replace function you would find in word processor or spreadsheet.
- If you have a short list of words to search and replace, just specify them in the task configuration.
- If you have a long list of words to search and replace, then it is best to prepare a list and import it as a reference Data Source.
- You can chose to replace the search string with text, a new-line, or a space (blank).
- In the advanced options you can specify if the search should be case sensitive or if the search should be whole-word match only.
- Expand common abbreviations such as:
- Find "V.P." and "VP" and replace it with "Vice President"
- Find "SFO" and replace it with "San Francisco"
- Bulk changes such as:
- Find "China, Hong Kong, Taiwan" and replace it with "Greater China"
- Find "DF16" and replace it with "Dreamforce 2016"