Merge duplicated SFDC lead, contact and account records.
- Salesforce Data Target: Select the data target you've created in Openprise.
- Record Type: Three options: Account, Contact, Lead
- Attribute which contains record Id: Select the attribute that contains the record Id.
- Description: Optional: you can type text to add to the Description field of each record merged. (i.e. "merged by Openprise"
This task template creates the following attributes to provide information related to the merge:
op_merge_errors: contains any errors during the merge process
op_merge_merged_record_ids: contains the ids of the non-surviving records
op_merge_status: true or false
op_merge_success: yes or no
op_merge_time: date and time of the merge
op_merge_updated_related_ids: provides ids of any related objects that were re-parented
- This task requires a de-duplication and merge task to run first in order to produce merged objects. This is because the SFDC merge task looks for duplication groupings within the records, which is created by the de-duplication and merge task.
- You will need to add an Export: Add/Update task after this task to update the merged field level data on the surviving records (Note: apply a filter for Duplicates matches Surviving Merged)
- Unlike the SFDC's UI and API which restricts merging only 3 records at a time, this task allows all found duplicates to be merged, regardless of how many were found.
- Merged objects are in the SFDC recycle bin and can be undeleted if necessary.
This task will merge the results of Openprise's de-duplication and merge task for three different SFDC objects: Leads, Contacts, and Accounts.