Upload Openprise data into a supported cloud storage service as Excel or CSV files.
- The Data Target must be defined before using this task.
- Upload file only works with supported cloud storage Data Targets such as Box, Dropbox, Google Drive.
- You can select which attributes to write to the resulting file.
- You can drag and drop to reorder the attributes.
- In "Advanced Configuration", you can specify whether the file should be in Excel or CSV format as well as whether the file should be zipped. You can also choose to timestamp the file to avoid overwriting previous files.
- The Openprise output data set (not the uploaded file) will contain the following attribute fields which can be used for additional processing:
- op_upload_status: if the upload is successful, this will contain the path and filename created by the task.
- op_upload_success: boolean value (true/false) indicating the success status of the file created.
- op_upload_time: timestamp of the operation.
- op_upload_errors: error messages of the upload operation, if any.
- The checkbox "Include additional attributes", if checked, will include any attributes found in a CSV data source that are not imported to be added to the upload file contents. (This is not common.)
- Upload records that need further address validation or enrichment from other 3rd parties into a Box folder that the 3rd parties can access.
- Upload only non-surviving records from a de-duplication task into cloud storage for archival purposes or additional review process.
- Upload records for a specific channel partner with only non-sensitive data and filtered by the region / territory that the channel partner operates in.
- Upload records from a list import job that failed validation so the records can be amended and re-import.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.