Match lead records to existing account records by matching on company name and/or extracted domains. If you have more complex requirements, the Infer Value task template can be used.
- Data source for accounts: Select the data source that contains Account information.
- Match type: Three options: Domain matching only, Company name matching only, and Use both domain and company name matching.
- Domain matching: Section will be available if domain matching is selected. Email attribute will be automatically selected, you can change/add another field selection.
- Company name matching: Section will be available if company name matching is selected. Company attribute will be automatically selected, you can change this selection.
- Remove words: Check this option to remove words like Inc, Corp, LLC in the Company field for better match results.
- Account resolution: Set criteria to select the matching Account if more than one is found. Select the add criteria option to add more than one criteria.
- Fields to append: Select fields from the Account records to include in the results. This is a very important section, make sure to select any Account fields that you will need in further processes. For example, if you are updating Lead records with the corresponding Account Id in your CRM, you will select the Account Id field here to include it in the output.
- This task works on generic lead and account records. For example, it can match Marketo leads to SFDC accounts.
- This task can match leads to accounts by using the extracted domain, company name, or both extracted domain and company.
- For domain matching, simply point the task to any attributes that may hold domains such as Email, Website, or URL attributes and it will try to extract a viable domain out of the multiple attributes. The first attribute to return a domain will be the domain used.
- For company matching, this task provides the option to remove words like Corporation, Corp., Inc., LLC, and others such that the match rate can be increased.
- Remember to append the account fields to the lead records such that further processing can be performed on them.
- Marketing to a specific target account list which requires matching leads in Marketo to an arbitrary target account list.
- Account based marketing which requires accurately identifying the accounts that each lead may be associated with prior to the lead becoming a contact.