Welcome to Openprise’s Quick Start Guide. To get going with Openprise quickly, follow these steps.
Quick Start Steps
- Create a Data Source to import your data, so you have data to work on. Go to the menu item Data > Data Sources. Then click the Add Data Source button and follow the prompts.
- Import data to your Data Source by pressing the Import now option from the Data Source Detail page or from the pop-up menu of the Data Source card page.
- Create one or more Jobs to process your data. Go to menu item Automation > Jobs. Need help figuring out which task template to use? Click on the help link for each task.
- Run the job to process data by pressing the Run option from the Jobs page or the Job Detail Page.
- Review the results using the Jobs screen or the Analytics. To access the outputs from the Jobs screen, select the Actions button and click View outputs, or select the View Data option from the pop-up menu of any Data Source card. Go to menu item Analytics to access the reports.
- Ready to push the updated data back to the source or to another destination? First, create a Data Target by going to the menu item Data > Data Targets.
- The actual act of pushing data to a Data Target is performed using a number of different Tasks, such as Export: Add/Update task, Upload File task, or SFDC Merge Record task. Create a Task in a Job to export the data.
- When you are ready to automate an entire process, create a Bot to automate the execution sequence of importing data, processing data, and exporting data.
- Data Source is where data is stored. It’s similar to a database table or a spreadsheet tab.
- Data Set is a packaging of the Data Source for specific data consumers, incorporating schema definition, documentation, and security policies. A Data Set enables you to share one single Data Source with multiple data consumers with different needs and access levels.
- Job contains a logical sequence of Tasks.
- Task performs specified processing of your data. Each Task takes input from its upstream task’s output Data Source, then outputs data to its own captive output Data Source.
- Bot automates the running of Data Source import and purge actions, as well as Job run and purge actions. Use Bots to coordinate your Data Sources and Jobs to automate a process.
- Trigger looks for specific events and patterns in your data. When such an event or pattern is found, triggers can raise an alert by sending an email to users
More Useful Resources
On the Openprise website Resource page, you will also find more helpful content.