Welcome to Openprise’s Quick Start Guide. To get going with Openprise quickly, follow these steps.
Quick Start Steps
- Create a Data Source to import your data, so you have data to work on. Go to the menu item Data > Data Sources. Then click the Add Data Source button and follow the prompts.
- Import data to your Data Source by pressing the Import now option from the Data Source Detail page or from the pop-up menu of the Data Source card page.
- Create one or more Jobs to process your data. Go to menu item Automation > Jobs. Need help figuring out which task template to use? Click on the help link for each task.
- Run the job to process data by pressing the Run option from the Jobs page or the Job Detail Page.
- Review the results using the Search screen or the Analytics. To access the Search screen, select the magnifying glass in the top menu, or select the View Data option from the pop-up menu of any Data Source card. Go to menu item Analytics to access the reports.
- Ready to push the updated data back to the source or to another destination? First, create a Data Target by going to the menu item Data > Data Targets.
- The actual act of pushing data to a Data Target is performed using a number of different Tasks, such as Export: Add/Update task, Upload File task, or SFDC Merge Record task. Create a Task in a Job to export the data.
- When you are ready to automate an entire process, create a Bot to automate the execution sequence of importing data, processing data, and exporting data.
- Data Source is where data is stored. It’s similar to a database table or a spreadsheet tab.
- Data Set is a packaging of the Data Source for specific data consumers, incorporating schema definition, documentation, and security policies. A Data Set enables you to share one single Data Source with multiple data consumers with different needs and access levels.
- Job contains a logical sequence of Tasks.
- Task performs specified processing of your data. Each Task takes input from its upstream task’s output Data Source, then outputs data to its own captive output Data Source.
- Bot automates the running of Data Source import and purge actions, as well as Job run and purge actions. Use Bots to coordinate your Data Sources and Jobs to automate a process.
- Trigger looks for specific events and patterns in your data. When such an event or pattern is found, triggers can raise an alert, send an email or SMS message.
More Useful Resources
On the Openprise website Resource page, you will also find more helpful content like Cook Books and tutorial videos. Here are some recommendations:
- To create a Data Job with process tasks to clean, de-dupe, and normalize data, watch this 7-minute video
- How to Clean Leads and Contacts with Openprise.
- Fix bad email addresses
- Fix company URLs
- Normalize and fill in missing city, state, and country information
- De-duplicate records based on email address
- Phone Number Normalization
- Lead Segmentation 101
- View this cookbook to clean and normalize company name data:
- Clean and reformat company names for readability.
- Create a company alias master list.
- Normalize company name data using a master list.
- Job and Tasks Best Practices – helpful hints on making job building easier.
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions – commonly asked questions with answers and common error messages with remedies. This information can be found in this documentation system ("Guide") section under Helpful Resources.
- For information on fixes and enhancements, consult our Release Notes.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.