The following is a guideline to follow when using the Building Block "Building Block - Update Contact Owner to Account Owner" Please read these guidelines before cloning the recipe.
This building block checks the current Contact owner and compares it to the related Account owner. If they don't match, the Contact owner is updated to the Account owner.
This recipe provides the following:
- A bot used to import the Account and Contact objects and run the related job
- A job that checks for owner ID mismatches and updates the Contact owner ID to match the related Account's owner.
- If a data source does not already exist, create a data source for Salesforce Opportunity and Campaigns with at least the following attributes. *Note: If these data sources are already created, please verify that the below attributes are defined in the data sources:
- Salesforce Contact: Id, OwnerID, CreatedDate, IsDeleted
- Salesforce Account: Id, OwnerId
- Salesforce User: Id, IsActive, Email, Name
To clone the Building Block recipe, navigate to Projects > Recipes and select the building block to clone. Hint: search "Building Block" to easily see which Building Blocks are available.
You will need to provide:
- Project name
- Prefix and/or suffix for all objects in the project
- Data source to be used in the project
- Data target to be used in the project
Examine the cloned project
We recommend you look through all the newly created project elements to familiarize yourself with what has been created. Look for any job that is marked with errors. These errors must be manually corrected.
Test the project
When you have reviewed the project and believe that everything is configured correctly, test the project by following these steps:
- Run the bot manually.
- Review the data at the end of the job to ensure the number of open and closed opportunity are counted correctly.
- Review the Analytic report in the Project to ensure data is being presented correctly.
- Launch the App Portal and view the Building Block App to make sure the data is presented correctly.
- If all goes well, modify the run times of the bot and turn the automation on to have up to date data when you need it!