The following is a guideline to follow when using the Building Block recipes for Owner Reassignment:
- "Building Block: Owner Reassignment for Salesforce Leads"
- "Building Block: Owner Reassignment for Salesforce Contacts"
- "Building Block: Owner Reassignment for Salesforce Accounts"
Please read these guidelines before cloning the recipe.
This Building Block recipe will help identify any Account, Lead, or Contact (based on the building block recipe selected) with a certain owner and tag a row in the data with who the new owner should be.
This Building Block provides the following:
- A bot used to import the respective Salesforce object (based on the building block selected) and Salesforce User data sources and run the related job
- A job that takes the respective Salesforce object to be reassigned from the desired current owner to the desired new owner
- If a data source does not already exist, create a data source for the following Salesforce objects with at least the following attributes.
*Note: If these data sources are already created, please verify that the following attributes are defined in the data sources.
Lead Contact Account User Id Id Id Id OwnerId OwnerId OwnerId IsDeleted IsDeleted IsDeleted IsActive IsConverted
To clone the Building Block recipe, navigate to Projects > Recipes and select the building block to clone. Hint: search "Building Block" to easily see which Building Blocks are available.
You will need to provide:
- Project name
- Prefix and/or suffix for all objects in the project
- Data source to be used in the project
Examine the cloned project
We recommend you look through all the newly created project elements to familiarize yourself with what has been created.
- any job that is marked with errors. These errors must be manually corrected.
- Task 2 "[EDIT] Set current and new owner email”. Enter the current owner email in attribute 0P Replace Owner Email and the desired new owner email attribute 0P New Owner Email.
Test the project
When you have reviewed the project and believe that everything is configured correctly, test the project by following these steps.
- Run the bot manually.
- Review the data at the end of the job to ensure the accounts needing to be reassigned are correctly identified. To do so, compare the value in attribute 0P Current Owner Email with the value in attribute 0P New Owner Email.
- Create a data target and add an export task to the end of the job to update Salesforce with the new owner.
- Because this building block needs manual updating to properly identify the old and new owners, we suggest you do not automate this bot.