The following is a guideline to follow when using the Building Block: Infer Metro Area for Salesforce recipe. Please read these guidelines before cloning the recipe.
This Building Block recipe uses geographic data on Salesforce Leads and identifies the related metro area. Metro area can be useful when building a live event invite list.
This recipe provides the following:
- A job that processes Salesforce Leads using geographic fields to identify the related metro area
- An App Factory Dashboard app that can be used to share the metrics with additional team members for easy viewing
- If a data source does not already exist, create a data source for the Salesforce Lead object with at least the following attributes: Id, Postal Code, city, State, Country. The jobs also use the attribute OpIsDeleted which is automatically added to the Leads data source by Openprise.
*Note: If these data sources are already created, please verify that the following attributes are defined in the data sources.
- This process uses the Openprise Data Catalog “US Metro & Urban Area ZIP Codes” reference table. If you would like to add custom segments to be used within this process you can download the Data Catalog and customize the values. More can be read in the articles listed below.
To clone the Building Block recipe, navigate to Projects > Recipes and select the building block recipe to clone. Hint: search "Building Block" to easily see which Building Blocks are available.
You will need to provide:
- Project name
- Prefix and/or suffix for all objects in the project
- Data source to be used in the project
Examine the cloned project
We recommend you look through all the newly created project elements to familiarize yourself with what has been created. Look for any job that is marked with errors. These errors must be manually corrected.
Test the project
When you have reviewed the project and believe that everything is configured correctly, test the project by following these steps.
- Run the job manually.
- Review the data at the end of the job to ensure the metro ranges are assigned correctly.
- Review the Analytic report in the Project to ensure data is being presented correctly.
- Launch the App Portal and view the Building Block App to make sure the data is presented correctly.
- If all goes well, add an export step to the job to write the data back to Salesforce. You'll need to have a salesforce field to hold the Metro Area value. Then, create a bot and turn the automation on to have up-to-date data when you need it!