Below are some helpful instructions and hints to consider when creating an Oracle Sales Cloud (OSC or OEC) Sales Team Member data source. (Sales Team is sometimes referred to as Account Teams in the Oracle user interface).
Data Source Creation
The way Openprise imports Sales Team Members from Oracle requires a list of Accounts with the account's PartyNumber in order to import the records.
- Navigate to Data ->Data Sources and select the Add Data Source button
- Fill in the required information, selecting Oracle Sales Cloud for the Source technology and data format
- Select SalesTeamMembers for the Directory or entity
- Supply the required information
- Data source containing Account PartyNumbers: Supply a data source containing an attribute that includes a PartyNumber for each account that you wish to import Sales Team Members for. This data source can be your Oracle Sales Cloud Account data source or any other data source that contains Account PartyNumbers (ie. a data source imported from a Google Sheet.)
- Data inclusion filter: Define a filter for the above mentioned data source. For example, you may only need to import Sales Team Members for accounts in the United States.
- Select the attribute containing the Account PartyNumber: Supply the correct attribute from the picklist presented.
- Complete the remainder of the data source definition page as usual.
On import, Openprise will read an Account Party Number and request the Sales Team Members for that Account. Then it will do the same for the next Account Party Number, and so on until all Account Party Numbers have been processed. Because Oracle does not provide the ability to request all SalesTeamMembers in a bulk import action, import of these records will be slower than import of Accounts or other objects.
To improve import performance, construct the list of Accounts with Account PartyNumbers to avoid attempting to import unnecessary data.