The Composite app allows users to combine multiple apps into one composite app to enable better end-user interaction. You can add Search & Edit apps, Form apps, List Load apps, and Dashboard apps. Note: You CANNOT add a Composite app to another Composite app.
Navigate to the Apps menu and select Configuration.
Select Add App in the upper right and then select Composite as the app type.
Configure the App
- App Name: Give your app a descriptive name
- App Description: Provide a description for your app
- Add Image: Select add image to provide an image for your app. Select the This Device option to use an image from your computer Image Library contains stock images available
- Labels: Select labels for your app
- Select who can access this app by selecting Admins only which only allows the Openprise platform users to access the app or Public which allows your end users to access the app.
2 Configuration Sections
1. Grant Access
This section configures who can view and edit the app.
- Who can view: Select the users who can view the app by selecting from the available groups on the left and clicking add to add them to the selected groups on the right.
- Who can edit: Select the users who can edit this app (when the section is clicked a picklist of groups will appear).
2. App Composition
This section defines the apps that will appear in your Composite app.
- Begin by selecting the Add App option.
After selecting the first app for your Composite app, additional options will appear.
- Displays the name of the selected app: select the pencil icon to select a different app
- Click here to change how the name for the app will be displayed in your Composite app
- Displays the app description: cannot be edited
- Select this option to change the app description to be displayed in your Composite app
- Displays the selected app's image: select Change image to change the image in your Composite app
- Remove from Composite app: select this option to remove the chosen app
Click Save in the upper right to save your new app.