Pull out a portion of a string.
Category Location: All, calculate or manipulate
- Source attribute: attribute to parse
- Target attribute: attribute to house the parsed information (use add attribute to create a new attribute)
- Left: specify the number of characters from the first letter of the string (counting starts from the left of the string.
- Right: specify the number of characters from the last letter of the string (counting starts from the right of the string)
- Start and end: specify the start and end position of the letters in the string (counting starts from a designated position that you set)
- Number of characters: specify the number of characters in Left or Right, specify start and end character counts for Start and End.
- Build dates for campaigns based on the campaign name:
- Q2 - 2020 Executive Dinner: Pull first two characters and characters 4-8 to build dates
- Truncate long strings:
- You've deduped records and merged the Notes field resulting in this field not meeting the target system's data type length. Set a field length limit using the sub-string task.