BETA - Please be aware that this feature is currently in beta mode
The following is a guideline to follow when using the recipe "Data Essentials for Marketo". Please read these guidelines before cloning the recipe.
This recipe provides the following:
- Jobs that clean and normalize data for Marketo Leads.
- Bots to run the above jobs. Note that the bot will be created, but not automated.
- Manual data sources that provide metrics on what field values have been normalized.
- Analytics reports
- An App Factory Dashboard to view the analytics reports containing metrics of cleaning.
- Establish data sources: A data source must be created for all your Marketo data source. If you already have this data source, you do not need to create a one. The data source needs to contain at least the following attributes:
- Email address
- Create new data targets: Create a new data target for each object with the following attributes. Note: If you don’t want to update Marketo with all of these fields, you can customize the export task after the project has been created to update the specific fields desired.
Lead Address City Country Email Address FirstName LastName Phone PostalCode State Title Website
To clone the project recipe, navigate to Projects > Recipes and select the project recipe to clone.
You will need to provide:
- Project name
- Prefix and/or suffix for all objects in the project
- Data sources to be used in the project
- Data targets to be used in the project
Examine the cloned project
We recommend you look through all the newly created project elements to familiarize yourself with what has been created.
- Any job that is marked with errors. These errors must be manually corrected.
- Export task that writes back to Marketo. Make changes by unmapping any values that you do not want to write back to Marketo. Note: Any Export task to Marketo has been bypassed for your protection. We recommend that you run the jobs with the bypass enabled so you can review any data changes before writing data back to Marketo.
Run the bot
The first time you run the bots, we strongly suggest you keep the bypass option enabled on all export tasks.
Look at the output from each job, carefully examining your data to make sure it is being transformed correctly and to your standards. Review each export task to verify the mapped attributes are set up correctly.
When you are happy with the job outputs, complete a test run by:
- Modifying the export task to set a maximum number of records updated. This option is in the Advanced Configuration section of the export task template. We suggest pushing back about 10 records for this test run.
- Remove the Bypass option on the export task.
- Remove the filter on the Log to MDS tasks.
- Run the bot. When the bot is complete, review the records updated by looking at the job outputs and reviewing the attributes: op_export_success and op_export_errors. Please also review the records in Marketo to verify the changes were made correctly.
Finalize the project
Final steps are:
- Edit the export task to remove the restriction for the number of records to export.
- Purge the jobs to prepare for a clean automated run.
- Edit the Bot to schedule the frequency and enable automation.